Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A wonderful visit home

Thanks to Dad, there are a few pictures from my trip! (Brilliantly, as I may have mentioned, I forgot my own camera.) Of course, several things did not get recorded, e.g.:
.
- a sisterly evening out on the town, most notably at Hviids Vinstue where the gløgg is transcendent, and ending up eventually, as we always do, at Rytmehans until the wee hours...
.
- a visit to Stephanie's and Greg's groovy new digs and a delectable and hyggelig dinner of "meatnoodle" (Stephanie says it sounds better in German)...
.
- many shopping expeditions at Fields and all up and down Strøget...
.
- the Three Royal Tenors singing an uplifting program at Kildevælds Plejehjem to an enthusiastic audience...
.
- delicious dinners at various wonderful Copenhagen restaurants...
.
- a visit to the Little Mermaid at dusk with my mother...
.
- and, on my last night, a stroll in the twinkling nighttime charm of Christmas Tivoli with Silvia.
.
Those moments are vivid in my memory, photos or none! But I have picked a few from Dad's collection as well. (There were more, and I love them, and all three of my family members look great in them, but I frankly admit that I didn't include here the ones where I look like the devil incarnate. Sometimes I am decidedly not photogenic!)
.
Penny arrives at the airport!

Early Christmas presents...

...are the best!

Stephanie, Greg, and I discover julenisser in Tivoli.

Dinner at Herzegovina, also in Tivoli!

Another dinner with friends, this time delicious Peking Duck at the Chinese Tower.

Penny checks in for departure.

And so, alas, do I. For now!
.

It was a wonderful trip, and I am grateful for my terrific family. Can't wait to be reunited in just a few months... this time in that most of exciting of cities... NYC!
.
And now I'm home! Back to work tomorrow... but I'm relaxed and happy, so that's okay.