Sunday, May 3, 2009

Still here

I have to wonder what my deal is with this blog. What has happened? Why am I not writing anything any more? It's not as though I have nothing to say or no time to say it. I spend more time online than I would like to admit. Yet I'm not blogging! A puzzlement.
.
Some random observations:
.
1. Silica is a magical supplement. I had a manicure (my first ever!) in New York City with Penny, and all but one of my nails are still intact. Not only intact but strong. The only thing I'm doing differently is taking silica, on the advice of my mother. That's got to be it!
.
2. Hanging out with old friends is a pleasing thing. Scott and I visited Jesse and Rona, and their adorable daughter Maya, yesterday afternoon, and it was wonderful. We also managed to find a restaurant table, at dinner time, without a reservation, in downtown Ann Arbor, on Graduation Friday, and that's nothing short of a miracle.
.
3. Book club on Christine's beautiful deck is also a pleasing thing. Spirited discussion, a gentle breeze off the lake, and good food and wine. Yay!
.
4. I'm looking to rent a house, preferably in Depot Town. If not a house, then a nice, big, two-bedroom apartment, with doors. (Our current place has only one door, the one to the bathroom. I'm very glad it's there. But a couple more might be nice.) If not Depot Town, then - well - I guess I could be convinced if everything else was right. So keep an eye out for me, please!
.
5. The Ann Arbor to Detroit inter-urban train is really going to happen! See this video for all the exciting details. Imagine hopping on a little train to Ann Arbor from Ypsi and taking one back in the evening. Or dropping by downtown Detroit for a matinee at the opera or a Tigers game, and then zipping home on the train.
.
6. There have been huge developments in my workplace. I am ready for long days, few vacations, and probably travel. It's going to be a stressful few months. I'm a little scared. But excited, too.
.
Guess that's it for now! It's good to be back. Let's see if I can keep the ball rolling this time.