Friday, February 22, 2008

Philippa Gregory and the gang!

Although I wasn't there for the experience, I wanted to post this terrific picture and enthusiastic commentary from Wendy:

Another book club field trip! Here we are meeting the fantastic Philippa Gregory: she was absolutely gracious and darling. We left with the first couple chapters of the new book (about the Queen of Scots) and a complimentary book of our choice by her because her plane was delayed, and of course lots of great memories and dreams of living in a lovely cottage in the English countryside and researching history and writing... loved her!!

The only reason I didn't go is that I haven't gotten around to reading any of her books yet, so I would have felt somewhat of a fraud! But I do plan to. I know she's a serious fave of my book club, and those avid readers usually know whereof they speak!