Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A drop of golden sun

My fabulous officemate sent me this link, which I insist that everyone take a mere four minutes to watch. It will brighten your day. It may brighten your life.
.
At the central train station in Antwerp, Belgium, an elaborate event was staged by several dozen dancers and enthusiasts. First, the beginning strains of "Do Re Mi" from The Sound of Music are played, and people in the main hall start looking curiously around. Then a couple of dancers hop into action. Then a couple more, and they twirl across the floor, collecting more dancers, until it’s a huge, joyous production, with the general public staring on in increasing delight.
.
If it doesn’t warm the proverbial cockles of your heart, nothing will! As a "Sound of Music" fanatic, of course, I confess I had a tear in my eye.
.
Yay for performance art!