Sunday, April 18, 2010

Playing catch-up

What?! I haven't posted in two weeks? Sometimes time just barrels by. Like a barrel over Niagara Falls.

Well, let's see. Scott and I went to a Tigers game - it was only game two of the season!


Since then, I've done plenty, just nothing particularly bloggable. You know - filed my taxes, took a couple of springtime walks, went to a farewell bash for Katy, bought a "Yellow Submarine" shower curtain. Bitzenpieces, basically. 

This weekend, we spring cleaned. All the piles of clutter and all the winter grime - gone. It's amazing. You wouldn't believe the black water that came out of the steam cleaner, and now the carpet is beige once more. I'm in love with my apartment all over again.

Look at that tidy living room!


Also note the new Vaio on the end table, there - thanks, Dad! An early birthday present, and is it ever gorgeous.

Speaking of birthdays, Scott's was yesterday. Note - new hat!


The in-laws came and visited our super-tidy place, and everyone worshiped Nigel, who pandered shamelessly to the cameras and soaked up all the attention like a diva.


We had a scrumptious family birthday dinner at the ever-charming Haab's (forgot my camera at home, but Chris took some, so hopefully I can scavenge some of her pictures - even though her camera almost ended up in my cheddar soup!), and later Chris, Scott and I went to the Sidetrack for a couple of cocktails. Yeah Ypsi!

Tonight, we kicked back in our yard, where I read the Sunday paper while warming myself at the firepit.

\

That pretty much catches me up to the present moment, which is mere moments before the disturbing and fascinating "Breaking Bad" comes on.

I love Sundays.