Sunday, April 27, 2008

A rediscovered photo

Found this photo today and decided to post it:

This is my sister Penny and me on Himmelskibet (known in English as the Star Flyer) in the magical Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen a couple of years ago. Click here to see a video of the Star Flyer ascending to its full 262-foot height. I have to say, it was pretty exciting. You can see all over Copenhagen from up there, although you may be a little distracted by the fact that you're spinning around and around while sitting in what feels like a rather flimsy little swing.
You're not supposed to bring anything with you, but of course Dad produced a camera as we reached about tree-top height. In the picture, Penny (who announced that she has a slight fear of heights as we were climbing into the swing) was starting to murmur, "Oh, no! No-o-o! No-o-o-o-o! I can't do this!" (a murmur which eventually became a full-fledged howl)... and I was calling out, "Dad! Is that a camera?!"