Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Revisiting the holiday break, Part I

I just moved my holiday photos over from my camera, so I want to post a couple of them.
.
Scott got an iPod Shuffle for Christmas:
.
.
Evelyn and Della bestowed their fabulous presence upon us:
.
.
Sarah rocked New Year's Eve by showing up in coveralls:
.
.
Hank received much recognition upon his death, and his memorial is now beautiful to behold. There's his catnip and his toy, and look how we saved a daisy and the bow from the bouquet. And check out the likeness between the picture of Hank (from fatter and happier times) and the card Wendy sent!
.
.
The memorial is even more pleasing when you see it the way we see it, in our dim and comfortable living room lighting:
.
.
It's kinda like having Hank still hanging out in front of the furnace.
.
So that's five random pictures from over the break.
.
I say "Part I" in the title of this post because my sis-in-law Chris still has a bunch of Christmas photos I am determined to post! Christmas at the Schuers' is always a glorious hullaballoo of shrieks and shredded wrapping paper and laughter, and this year was no different. I'll be posting those eventually, too.
.
Meanwhile, 2009 is well under way. Book club was awesome (thanks, Norma!), and I'm pleased that we won't be waiting seven weeks again this time before the next one. I've learned that I'm going on an actual business trip in February (first time ever, I might add!). And I'm getting an order together for jars of honey from Pitcairn Island! If you want in, e-mail me!