Saturday, February 6, 2010

My famous cat

I recently Googled "Uncle Wiggley," which was the name the Humane Society gave my cat (now Nigel) when they found him. I was looking for the video made by the Ann Arbor News when he was featured as a Pet of the Month back in May, right when we saw his face in the paper and knew we had to bring him home.
.
To my amazement, I discovered that he actually had his own Facebook page. It was posted while he was being featured and includes this wonderful picture:
.
.
Look at him, all skinny and battle-scarred. Poor little guy.
.
Among other equally true things, his Facebook blurb says, "He's got great cheeks for scratching." I must say, Nigel's Facebook biographer was most insightful. How I do indeed love to scratch those cheeks!
.
Well, he's a lot plumper now. He's a spoiled and silky boy. Now that I'm back on track with the blog, I'll post a picture or two soon.
.
For now, though, I just had to share my astonishment. I had no idea he was a famous Facebook cat.