Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'm going to fail high school!

Here's what I would like to know. When do I stop having the dream where I'm in high school, I forget about the final biology exam, I walk in late to take the test, and I realize I have no idea what to write and I'm going to fail high school because of it?

And when do I stop waking up from these dreams frantically trying to think of ways to take the exam late or turn some extra assignment in so that I can actually manage to pass?

Because that's the part that amazes me: that it still takes me a full half-minute of awake time to realize that I did, in fact, pass high school. As a matter of fact, it was twenty years ago!

I don't really mind the waking part, actually: the relief is still such a pure rush when the realization kicks in! It's quite a pleasant way to start the day. Wheeeee! I am a proud high-school graduate! Let the day begin!

Still, I have to wonder when my poor subconscious can stop carrying around that biology exam from 1987.