Monday, October 1, 2007

A visit to the dentist

I had a dentist appointment today, and I was expecting the worst. For one thing, it's been a year since I last went. Secondly, the last time I was there, I had to schedule a crown: an appointment I later cancelled. Finally, I was advised that I really needed to floss because my gums were looking a bit dodgy. (Confession: I never floss.)

Today I went in, obviously full of trepidation... and was told:

1. that I had obviously been brushing efficiently because there was no indication of gum disease,

2. that I had no cavities, and

3. the tooth that had needed the crown is now downgraded to "let's just keep an eye on it" status.

I think it's all about the SoniCare toothbrush. I really do. That thing is magical.

But I do hereby vow to floss from this day forward unto eternity. Just in case my luck doesn't hold.