Friday, November 2, 2007

Quillory remembered

I was looking through my pictures folder and found a screen shot from last winter, when I briefly explored the virtual online universe called Second Life.

I tried to get my avatar, Quillory, to look kinda like me. And I dressed her like me, too - or least tried to get the free clothes you can download from the virtual thrift stores to look kinda like my clothes. (I couldn't customize the jeans not to expose her abdomen, but hey, that's what you get when you shop in virtual thrift stores...)


The reason she's wearing a hat and scarf here is that she was hanging out near Times Square right after they lit the huge Christmas tree there, and they were handing out free winter wear.

Those were the halcyon days of fresh discovery. Alas, it didn't take long before I got bored just watching Quillory wandering about randomly in the streets and fields of Second Life, no matter how realistic they were... and canceled my account.

Still, I'm glad I had the presence of mind to save a picture of Quillory before her virtual demise.