Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A catch-up list

Recently, I have

- gone to a baseball game with Scott and the Lockwood brothers...

- saved up Coke Rewards points for a telescope, only to have Coke pull it from the available rewards...so I swore profusely and then cashed out my points for a hand-held Sudoku game and two beer coolers (only they call them Coke coolers: how cute!)...

- watched the stunning "La reine Margot" with the French film crew...

- threw out every food item and rinsed out every last condiment container in the fridge, since my fridge has decided it would rather be a furnace - and left several terse messages on my landlady's voicemail...

- spent a pleasing and barbeque-y evening at Sarah and Andy's...

- watched two episodes of the extraordinary "Mad Men" at Barb's and plan to continue to invade her house every Sunday night as the show continues...

- attended Tim Flood's extraordinary bass and electronics show at Kerrytown Concert House, after which, by sheer providence, I had the opportunity to enjoy a cocktail with Wendy and Liza at Cafe Felix...

- and spent a lot of time wrangling with myself over my upcoming book-club pick! I have it down to a couple of choices. Decisions are fun!