Thursday, August 21, 2008

I was in someone else's dream

On Monday morning, I woke up to the urgent sound of the alarm and bubbled up out of a dream to hit the snooze button.

When I fell back asleep, the dream had changed. Now I was looking at my coworker Katy, who was sitting up in the bleachers at a stadium somewhere, looking rather confused. There were a lot of people milling about, but I didn't get to pay much attention to anything else before the alarm sounded again, finally bringing me into Monday morning consciousness.

That day, Katy came into my office. "I dreamt about you last night," I said. "You were sitting in the bleachers somewhere."

Katy, clearly taken aback, stared at me. "Are you serious?" she said. "Last night, I had a dream that I was at my old high-school football stadium, and for some reason there were all these people from work there."

I think I must have slid out of my own dream, hit the snooze button, and slid into Katy's dream, just for the couple of minutes between hitting snooze and being alarmed awake again.

How weird is that.