Monday, August 11, 2008

"A hug over Ypsi"


After The Rain 2
Originally uploaded by bluenotoko

As Wendy and I were driving back from yesterday's book-club gathering, we were completely astonished by the sudden appearance of a huge, unbelievably vivid rainbow in what seemed like a massive arc over Ypsilanti. I honestly don't think I've ever seen such rich reds and greens in a rainbow before.

We even saw it reflected in the river as we crossed over Riverside Park. The effect was downright fantastical.

After I got home, I saw people out of their houses all up and down the street, camera phones aloft.

What a sight!

Wendy coined the phrase "a hug over Ypsi" to describe it, and that's exactly what it looked like.

Click on the photo, shamelessly pilfered from Flickr, to see two more pictures of this incredible celestial showstopper, uploaded by the same photographer.