Ooops! Neglected my blog again! Here's what I've been up to:
- Went to see "Iron Man" at the dollar theater with Scott. Scott loved "Iron Man" as a kid, and, well, I love Robert Downey Jr. as an adult. ;-)
- Got to know Barb's new dog, the charming Dottie, who has been slowly coming out of her shell and is now starting to realize that the world is her oyster.
- Enjoyed Labor Day shishkabob picnic dinner with the Hayeses!
- Enjoyed girls' night with Liza, Evelyn, and Barb!
- Finished the novel Life of Pi by Yann Martel and was completely blown away by it. What a ride, and what an ending! It was a slow start, but man, did it pay off. (Wendy, you were so right!) I spent an hour on the Internet looking for analysis about the symbolic meaning of the island. Read it and you will, too.
- Scott started the new semester at Washtenaw. Now it's officially fall! Even if it feels like dry, hot, miserable summer. Bring on the fall breezes!